Located south of Colorado State University's main campus, the Natural Resources Research Center lies between Prospect Road on the north and Drake Road on the south, and about one half mile west of College Avenue (see I-25 to NRRC map below). Fort Collins is approximately 55 miles north of Denver and about 60 miles from Denver International Airport (see DIA to Fort Collins map). A toll-free option (I-70 to I-25) is described below. The toll road, E-470, is the fastest, easiest route connecting DIA and north I-25. TOLLS ARE NO LONGER COLLECTED ENROUTE, and must be arranged with your rental-car company. For toll information, visit the E-470 Web site
and click on Rental Car Information
. There are 2 - $3.55 tolls from DIA to I-25 that can be paid through your rental car company.
Denver International Airport (DIA) to Fort Collins*:
- Peña Blvd. WEST to E-470 (Enter E-470 RIGHT at exit 28 )
- E-470 NORTH to I-25 (18.5 miles; E-470 joins 1-25 at exit 46; follow signs NORTH to Fort Collins)
- I-25 NORTH to Fort Collins (to Harmony Road, Exit 265)
*We suggest using Google Maps or Waze as a app on your smart phone and avoiding Prospect Road this summer as there is a lot of construction on it.
* Returning south to DIA: E-470 is exit 228 off of I-25; Follow E-470 South to DIA exit (Pena Blvd E)
Optional Route (no tolls but congested):
- Peña Blvd. WEST and SOUTH to I-70
- I-70 WEST to I-25
- I-25 NORTH to Fort Collins
From I-25 Fort Collins Exits to the NRRC and the Fort Collins Science Center (FORT):
- From November 5-9, 2016, Centre Avenue from Prospect Rd. to Bay Drive will be closed. We suggest you take either Harmony Rd. exit off of I-25 that week.
- Take Exit 268, Prospect Rd, off of I-25
- Turn left (west) at top of exit ramp
- Drive 4.3 miles to Centre Avenue
- Turn left (south) onto Centre Avenue
- The NRRC will be on your LEFT, Directions to Building C are below
Harmony Rd. Exit Directions:
- Take Exit 265, Harmony Rd, off of I-25
- Turn left (west) at the top of the exit ramp onto Harmony Rd.
- Take Harmony Rd. to College Avenue, about 4 miles
- Turn right on College Avenue and go about 2 miles to turn left onto Drake Rd.
- Cross the Railroad tracks and then take the third right onto Research Blvd.
- Turn Right onto Centre Avenue
- The NRRC will be on your RIGHT, Directions to Building C are below
Finding Building C
When you turn into the Natural Resources Research Center by the stone sign, you will be heading east on the main driveway. Our USGS building is ahead of you, the second one on the right. Take the first right and then the very next left into our parking area, which lines the south side of our building. Ahead of you and halfway down you will see the main entrance. You will need to park and check in with the security guard, who will issue you a parking pass. (Vehicles with government plates do not need a pass.) For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fort Collins Science Center address is:
U.S. Geological Survey
Fort Collins Science Center
2150 Centre Avenue, Building C
Fort Collins, CO 80526-8118
Please consider carpooling or biking whenever possible as parking at the NRRC is limited.